Want to practice your mock trial skills in a friendly semi-competitive way?
As Oregon High School Mock Trial teams prepare for the Regional Competitions, they may want a chance to practice their courtroom moves, receive feedback from judges and get a feel for how they work together as a team in the trial environment. Below, we suggest a couple of ways teams can practice prior to their Regional Competition trials.
Mini Mock is for teams interested in practicing their skills in a live event, offering competing teams the opportunity to practice both sides of a case (Prosecution/Plaintiff and Defense) in a low stakes atmosphere that is focused on learning and growing as a competitor. Each team will participate in two trials and receive feedback from coaches serving as judges.
2023-24 Mini Mock Dates
- Case release: Friday, September 1, 2023
- Registration: September 8 – October 10, 2023
- Registration priority will be given to teams not participating in Regional competitions and teams composed of new-to-Mock Trial participants.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Northwest/Metro Mini Mock Competition: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Southern Oregon Mini Mock Competition: TBD, November 2023
Mock Trial Scrimmages
Scrimmages are a great way for teams to gain experience prior to Regional competitions. Connecting with other Mock Trial teams in a low-stakes, friendly environment to practice courtroom strategies affords teams an informal way to gain experience competing without all the logistical requirements associated with hosting a larger-scale Invitational or Mini Mock Competition.
Interested in finding a scrimmage partner? Complete this Quick Form to access the Oregon High School Mock Trial Scrimmage Coordination Directory.
The University of Oregon Mock Trial team hosts an invitational for high school teams from around Oregon. It’s an opportunity for high school competitors to meet and compete in front of collegiate Mock Trial team members.