How it works:
- You must be an Oregon educator to be eligible for Civic Scholar benefits (see below for more information about benefits).
- Register for the Oregon Civics Conference for Teachers and identify your Oregon State legislators on the registration form.
- Educators confirmed as Civic Scholars will be assigned to a legislator who represents the Oregon House or Senate district in which they teach.
- Legislators are also invited to nominate outstanding educators from their district.
- Civics Learning Project will provide you the contact information to send a thank you note to your Legislative Sponsor.
- Come and enjoy the best conference of the year!
Benefits of attending as a Civic Scholar:
- Sponsorship by your Oregon Representative or Senator and the opportunity to connect with them directly.
- Your registration for the conference is free.
- You will receive a mileage stipend based on your attendance and distance traveled. You will receive a link to a webform to submit your roundtrip mileage at the conference; all requests must be submitted no later than May 31, 2024.
- Civics Learning Project will reimburse substitute coverage, should you need it. Submit your district invoice to Beth Madsen Bradford no later than May 31, 2024.
- Lodging is provided for those who need to travel to attend; simply request lodging on the registration form and you will be assigned a room.
Please contact us if you have any questions.