Multnomah County Courthouse Experience Tour Basics
After checking in at the Portland Civics Learning Project office at Unitus Plaza (1300 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 190), your class day begins with a brief orientation with a volunteer guide about what to expect from the tour. You will then watch arraignments, hearings, and trials at the Justice Center and the Multnomah County Circuit Court. (Scroll down to download teacher resources.)
- Tours are available to students grades 5 – 12.
- Tours are offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays throughout the school year.
- Tours begin at 9:00am and go to approximately noon.
- Each tour day can accommodate up to 35 students.
- There must be at least 1 adult chaperone per 8 students on the tour.
- Tours are subject to Courthouse rules and docket schedules.
- Please review the Multnomah County Courthouse security policy prior to your tour.
- Ready to book your tour? View available dates and schedule your class HERE.
If you have any questions or need to cancel your tour, please contact us by email or call 503-224-4424.
Teacher Resources for Courthouse Experience Tours
- Courthouse Experience Tours – Observation Worksheet
- Courthouse Experience Tour – Knowledge Organizer
- Multnomah County, Path from Arrest to Case Resolution Handout
- Courthouse Experience Tour Overview
- Multnomah County Circuit Court Instructional Video
- Interpreting the Court’s Docket
- Central Courthouse Directory